The purpose of the Society is several fold, and is focused on:
- Providing a means for those interested in mass properties engineering to work together to further their professional goals.
- Promoting recognition of mass properties engineering as a specialized discipline in the entire spectrum of professional engineering.
- Serving as a medium for the exchange of current mass properties related techniques and state of the art improvements in the profession.
- Promoting the design and manufacture of optimum weight equipment, development of new materials, and improvements in the state of the art.
- Encouraging members to promote continuous improvement in the interrelations between mass properties engineers for mutual benefit.
- Publicly recognizing any person or organization that significantly enhances the professionalism of the Society or develops new technology that improves the state of the art of mass properties engineering efficiencies.
- Promoting the inclusion of mass properties engineering in the curriculum of study in institutions of higher learning.
- Providing training for those working in the field of Mass Properties.