- What is Mass Properties Engineering?
- Corporate/Company Members
- SAWE By-Laws
- 2017 Membership Campaign
- 2017 SAWE Scholarship Program
- 2017-2018 SAWE International Elections
- Nominations for 2017 Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award, and Ed Payne Award
- 2016-2017 SAWE International Elections
- 2016 SAWE Scholarship Program Applications
- Individuals Needed for Industry Committee for Ground Vehicle Mass Properties
- Nominations Desired for Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award, and Ed Payne Award
- 2015-2016 SAWE International Elections
- The SAWE is now ANSI Accredited
- 2015 SAWE Scholarship Program Applications
- Updated - SAWE Response to FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27E
- SAWE Response to FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27F
- FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27E - Proposed SAWE Working Group
- Results of the Member Opinion Survey: Electronic Journal Access and Distribution Approaches
- Members Needed for New Consensus Body created by the SAWE SPC Committee to Develop a SAWE Recommended Practice for Weight Reporting in the Aviation Industry
- SAWE Joins with ANSI
- Candidates for International Office
- Nancy Boynton
- Contact Us
Nominations for 2017 Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award, and Ed Payne Award
December 19, 2016
Nominations for Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award, and Ed Payne Award (for Outstanding Young Engineer) are due March 1st, 2017. Chapter Directors are responsible to canvas their chapter membership for members worthy of these awards and to submit candidates to the International Awards Committee. These prestigious awards designate an elite group of contributors to the SAWE and the field of mass properties engineering. Please review the information below and the attached nomination forms as guidance. You may also refer to the SAWE Bylaws and Operations Manual.
Honorary Fellows shall be persons who have achieved eminence in mass properties engineering, or who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of the Society. Honorary Fellows are typically elevated from the rank of Fellow, although that is not a requirement to be a Fellow for this award.
Fellows shall be persons who have achieved distinction in mass properties engineering, or who have materially contributed to the advancement of the Society.
RICHARD BOYNTON LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to a member of SAWE that has demonstrated extraordinarily strong and sustained support of the SAWE over a significant number of years.
ED PAYNE AWARD
The Ed Payne Award is given to a young engineer (age less than 35 at the time of nomination) who has contributed significantly to SAWE or the mass properties engineering profession.
Any SAWE member may make an award nomination. Nominations should sufficiently describe the candidate’s background and contributions, and elaborate on details of award qualifications. Please give careful consideration in your nominations. Note that it is not a requirement that the nominee be an SAWE member for Honorary Fellow, Fellow, and Ed Payne awards.
Nomination forms / assistance are available from the committee chairman Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org.