- Corporate/Company Members
- SAWE By-Laws
- 2017 SAWE Scholarship Program
- 2017-2018 SAWE International Elections
- Nominations for 2017 Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award, and Ed Payne Award
- 2016-2017 SAWE International Elections
- 2016 SAWE Scholarship Program Applications
- Individuals Needed for Industry Committee for Ground Vehicle Mass Properties
- Nominations Desired for Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Richard Boynton Lifetime Achievement Award, and Ed Payne Award
- 2015-2016 SAWE International Elections
- The SAWE is now ANSI Accredited
- 2015 SAWE Scholarship Program Applications
- Updated - SAWE Response to FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27E
- SAWE Response to FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27F
- FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27E - Proposed SAWE Working Group
- Results of the Member Opinion Survey: Electronic Journal Access and Distribution Approaches
- Members Needed for New Consensus Body created by the SAWE SPC Committee to Develop a SAWE Recommended Practice for Weight Reporting in the Aviation Industry
- SAWE Joins with ANSI
- Candidates for International Office
- Nancy Boynton
- Contact Us
2017 SAWE Scholarship Program
February 13, 2017
Each year the Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. sponsors the SAWE Scholarship Program.
Applicants must be children* or grandchildren (age 25 and under) of members of the SAWE worldwide who have a minimum of one year of membership as of the application deadline date. Children of deceased members are also eligible.
*For purposes of this program, children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren of members.
Applicants must be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four- year college or university.
The program will utilize standard Scholarship Management Services recipient selection procedures including the consideration of past academic performance and future potential, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational aspirations and goals, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal. In no instance does any member of the SAWE or the Frank Fong family play a part in the selection of the winners.
The distribution of new awards for 2017 is $3,000. One (1) award will be given to a student majoring in a scientific field (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc.) from the SAWE/Frank Fong Memorial Scholarship Fund. There is no course of study requirement for the other two (2) awards from the Scholarship Fund for Children and Grandchildren.
Awards are for undergraduate study only. Financial need will not be considered.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Applications will be accepted starting February 15, 2017, and must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2017.
Applications may be downloaded from the above link or are available by contacting Executive Director Ronald Fox .