- Standards Public Review
- 1. Requirements for Aircraft On Board Weight and Balance System
- 2. Guidelines for Mass Properties Control on International Space & Missile Systems
- 5. Mass Properties Control System for Wheeled and Tracked Vehicles
- 6. Standard Coordinate Systems for Reporting the Mass Properties of Flight Vehicles
- 7. Mass Properties Management and Control for Military Aircraft
- 8. Weight and Balance Data Reporting Forms for Aircraft (including Rotorcraft)
- 9. Weight and Balance Control for Guided Missiles
- 10. Weight and Balance Data Reporting Forms for Guided Missiles and Space Launch Vehicles
- 11. Mass Properties Control for Space Vehicles
- 12. Weight Control Technical Requirements for Surface Ships
- 13. Standard Coordinate System for Reporting Mass Properties of Marine Vehicles
- 14. Weight Estimating and Margin Manual for Marine Vehicles
- 15. Vendor Weight Control for the Marine Industry
- 16. Measurement of Missile and Spacecraft Mass Properties
- 17. Weight Distribution and Moments of Inertia for Marine Vehicles
- 100. Vendor Weight Control for the Aircraft Industry
- M-9. Shipboard Weight Surveys
- TO-1. Overview of Mass Properties Engineering for Vehicle Systems
17. Weight Distribution and Moments of Inertia for Marine Vehicles
8 October 2009
Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc.
This Recommended Practice documents the preferred methods of estimating and calculating the distributive mass properties of marine vehicles at various stages of weight database maturity. Distributive mass properties include mass (weight) distributions and mass (weight) moments of inertia which are dependent on the mass distributions. These mass moments of inertia are typically reported as Gyradii.
At the earliest stages of design parametric methods are required to estimate distributive mass properties. These parametric methods are briefly discussed and supplied in the appendices; however, the original sources are referenced for complete application and applicability.