The Academic Committee is gathering all available materials regarding Classes, Presentations and Papers for Students (college-level) and Ideas for Student Projects and Events. The intent is to build a SAWE library of resources pertaining to introductory mass properties and introduction to the SAWE. It is also the SAWE President’s desire to leverage existing work towards developing a Mass Properties training certification program for academic and newly assigned mass properties engineers.
Initially, these currently available materials will be able to be used by any SAWE member for a SAWE Chapter or local university outreach meeting, or for inspiring ideas for Chapter or local school events. Some of the very interesting and diverse materials we have so far include:
- Introduction to the SAWE – Whidy Kiskunas
- SAWE University Outreach Presentation – Casey Regan
- Why Mass Properties Engineers Matter – Robert Zimmerman
- The Value of Mass Properties Engineering – Roger Belt
- Weight & Mass Properties Engineering for Aircraft Design – Whidy Kiskunas & Rod Van Dyk; Based on material originated by Casey Regan
- The Secret Life of the Center of Gravity – Robert Zimmerman & Kristen Terry
- Mass Properties Engineering as a Systems Engineering Discipline – Robert Zimmerman
- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering; Course NAME 581: Introduction to Ship Design – Andy Schuster
These resources will be available in the SAWE Group Office folder. If you or your SAWE Chapter have any material you would like to contribute to our library, please contact me (V.P. of Academic Affairs) at Donna.Gerren@Colorado.EDU. Let’s hope we can provide a wealth of information useful to our membership for SAWE meetings and outreach activities. Thank you very much for your contributions!