FACULTY MEMBERS – GET INVOLVED BY BEING A SAWE FACULTY ADVISOR AND RECEIVE FREE SAWE MEMBERSHIP!
Check out the MEMBERSHIP PAGE for more information.
The SAWE organization is establishing SAWE Faculty Advisors at colleges and universities offering engineering degrees. The position involves little work – it’s primarily being a point of contact between your college or university and the SAWE organization. The SAWE is an international organization whose purpose is to promote the mass properties discipline and provide members and industry a medium for exchanging practices and experiences with the objective of fostering a higher degree of quality in mass properties control. Regular chapter meetings, regional and international conferences, plus an array of technical papers, audio-visually recorded technical sessions, reference books, industry standards and training curriculum provide mass properties engineers and industry that opportunity to learn, collaborate, create, and broaden the capability of the mass properties engineer, organization or program. The Society is organized into 22 chapters with members from across the United States, Brazil, Europe, United Kingdom, and Canada: .
The Vice-President of Academic Affairs (VP-AA) will be responsible for informing you of larger SAWE regional and international events, including conferences and scholarships, while your local chapter officers will keep you informed of more local events and meetings. In return for your efforts, you will receive a free yearly SAWE membership (worth $60), renewable each year if you are willing to serve as an Advisor for the forthcoming year.
Members receive the following benefits:
- Three issues of the Weight Engineering Journal
- Access to members only content through the SAWE website
- Update Membership information and renew membership online
- The Conference Announcement and discounted conference registration
- The opportunity to take specialized training classes
- Participate in development of SAWE Recommended Practices and Standards
- 10 free downloads of technical papers or recommended practices (over 2,000 technical papers have been presented at SAWE Annual International Conferences)
- Discounts for all SAWE publications and textbooks
- Free handbook updates and revisions
- Additionally, we have some PowerPoint lectures suitable for teaching mass properties at the college-level.
Student members receive the same benefits (with the exception of the teaching materials), and student membership is free of charge as long as full-time student status is verified. We would appreciate you encouraging your students to join and learn about mass properties engineering, something we, as any type of engineer, need knowledge of for any engineering system.
If you are interested, please contact the VP-AA to get you signed up as a SAWE member: Donna.Gerren@SAWE.org.