- SAWE Scholarships
- SAWE Scholarship Application
- The 2023 scholarship deadline is April 30, 2023. Applications submitted now will be applied to the 2023/2024 academic year. If you’re ready to get started, click the link above to the application. Keep scrolling for more details…
- SAWE Scholarship Application
- SAWE Scholarship Endowments
- Other Scholarships
The SAWE Scholarship Program
The Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. (SAWE) has established a scholarship program for children or grandchildren of SAWE members, who plan to continue their education in college. Scholarships are offered for full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university in a curriculum of the students choice. The family of SAWE past-President Frank Fong has joined with SAWE to provide the SAWE / Frank Fong Memorial Scholarship for children or grandchildren of SAWE members pursuing a technical degree. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to the SAWE Scholarship Program must be…
- Children* or grandchildren (age 25 and under) of members of the Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. who have a minimum of one year of membership as of the application deadline date. Children and grandchildren of deceased members are also eligible. The program applies to all SAWE members worldwide.
*For the purposes of this program, children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren of members.
- High school seniors or graduates that plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Enrolled or plan to enroll in a technical course of study (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc.), to be eligible for the SAWE/Frank Fong Memorial Scholarship. There is no course of study requirements for the general SAWE scholarship.
Up to four (4) awards will be granted this year with the amount of the scholarship award to be determined by the SAWE Board of Directors in May 2023.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Interested students must complete the attached application. Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. All information received is considered confidential.
Selection Of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, goals and aspirations stated in the application, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal.
This scholarship program is administered by the SAWE Scholarship Committee consisting of the SAWE VP – Academic Affairs, SAWE Fellows, Honorary Fellows and recent Ed Payne Outstanding Young Engineer awards winners. Applicants will be notified by the middle of May. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment Of Scholarships
The SAWE Financial Secretary processes scholarship payments on behalf of SAWE, Inc. Payment will be made on August 15. Checks are mailed to each recipients home address and are made payable to the school for the students account.
Recipients have no obligation to SAWE, Inc. or the Frank Fong family. They are, however, required to notify SAWE of any changes of address, school enrollment, or other relevant information.
SAWE, Inc. reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.