- SAWE Scholarships
- SAWE Scholarship Application
- The 2022 scholarship deadline was April 30, 2022. Applications submitted now will be applies to 2023.
- If you’re ready to get started! Keep scrolling for more details…
- 2022 SAWE Conference Local Chapter Scholarship
- SAWE Scholarship Application
- SAWE Scholarship Endowments
- Other Scholarships
The SAWE Scholarship Program
The Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. (SAWE) has established a scholarship program for children or grandchildren of SAWE members, who plan to continue their education in college. Scholarships are offered for full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university in a curriculum of the students choice. The family of SAWE past-President Frank Fong has joined with SAWE to provide the SAWE / Frank Fong Memorial Scholarship for children or grandchildren of SAWE members pursuing a technical degree.
This scholarship program is administered by an independent committee of SAWE Fellows, Honorary Fellows and recent Ed Payne Outstanding Young Engineer awards winners. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to the SAWE Scholarship Program must be…
- Children* or grandchildren (age 25 and under) of members of the Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. who have a minimum of one year of membership as of the application deadline date. Children and grandchildren of deceased members are also eligible. The program applies to all SAWE members worldwide.
*For the purposes of this program, children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren of members.
- High school seniors or graduates that plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Enrolled or plan to enroll in a technical course of study (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc.), to be eligible for the SAWE/Frank Fong Memorial Scholarship. There is no course of study requirements for the general SAWE scholarship.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,000 award.
Up to four (4) awards will be granted this year. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Interested students must complete the attached application. Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. All information received is considered confidential.
Selection Of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, goals and aspirations stated in the application, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal.
Selection of recipients is made by a scholarship selection committee appointed by the SAWE VP Academic Affairs. Applicants will be notified by the middle of May. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment Of Scholarships
The SAWE Financial Secretary processes scholarship payments on behalf of SAWE, Inc. Payment will be made on August 15. Checks are mailed to each recipients home address and are made payable to the school for the students account.
Recipients have no obligation to SAWE, Inc. or the Frank Fong family. They are, however, required to notify Scholarship America of any changes of address, school enrollment, or other relevant information.
SAWE, Inc. reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.