Application and exam are offered as online processes.
The whole process consists of:
- Become a member of SAWE if you are not one already.
- Print the application template below and fill it.
- Get written confirmation from your reference(s).
- Scan the application and your degree and sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When your application has been reviewed and confirmed pay the application fee of $150 on Training&Certification – Shop.
- Download the basic reference documents from SAWE store using your member allowance.
- Prepare for the exam.
- Download the Reference Documents, read and develop a working understanding of basic references (the Aircraft, Marine, and a few chapters of the Moment of Inertia/Product of Inertia Textbooks, a few SAWE technical papers, and a few chapters of the Handbook).
- Watch a set of online orientation videos when available.
- You may find a mentor helpful to prepare yourself. Contact email@example.com for support to find a mentor.
- Register online to take the exam during one of our scheduled sessions and pay the exam fee of $150 on Training&Certification – Shop.
- Take the exam online.
- You will be advised by email whether you pass. You can retake the exam for an additional fee.
- Recertify before the 5 year anniversary
For questions on Certification contact CMPE@sawe.org.
Details on the application process can be found in the linked document: