Instructor: Andy Walker, SAWE Member
(Lockheed Martin Aeronautics)
This 8 hour class consists of two 4 hour sessions on consecutive days.
Have you ever been asked to predict the future? With a little information, you can explore the solution-space around the problems you encounter on the job as a Mass Properties engineer.
The course will cover:
• Parametric estimation and rapid aircraft mass properties assessments.
• Feasibility studies on detail design projects
• Conceptual trade studies based on very limited information
• Quantify predictive and descriptive uncertainty around your predictions
• Calculate the benefits of next-generation technologies
Agenda items will include basic statistical terminology, statistical correlation processes, parametric estimation pitfalls, and a parametric fighter aircraft wing weight correlation example.