Below you will find some example for questions.
Some questions will require calculations.
All questions are multiple choice and have 4 proposes answers, of which only 1 answer is correct.
- A weight removed aft of the vehicle’s CG will cause the CG to move in which direction?
- A calculated weight may be determined from which information?
- What is the Moment of Inertia (MOI) in the X direction about the bracket’s CG (see picture P-004 and table T-007)? Assume a density of 8.0 g/cm³. The diameter of the hole is d=5.0 cm. Use metric measures.
- What contributes to a lightweight design?
- Which of the folowing is a mandatory part of a Request for Proposal (RFP) to potential suppliers/risk sharing partners?
- An assembly is composed of three components. Each component is weighed separately with the following readings and 3-sigma uncertainties. Given this information, what is the total weight and combined 3-sigma uncertainty for the weight of the assembly?
- How should an ideal weighing be performed?
- A random sample of twenty mass measurements is listed below. What is the sample mean and standard deviation?
- Which parts are often not modeled but might have an influence on the Mass Properties of the component?
- True or false: Mass Properties Engineering uses similar methodologies as Systems Engineering?
For questions on Certification contact CMPE@sawe.org.